Pages

December 5, 2012

Gift Guide: Boots & Dupes

Boots are a must during the autumn/winter season, so naturally they make a wonderful gift! Upscale boots aren't very friendly to a budget, however, so I have put together some very promising alternatives to my favorite boots of the season. And yes, they are all black just because that is my personal preference.

Best Boot Dupes

Click on the picture to go to my Polyvore where you can find the links to purchase the boots or if you are interested on getting more information.

1. Jeffrey Campbell "Lita" Bootie- $160, These boots are an easy way to achieve high-fashion. Project Runway Season 10 finalist, Fabio Costa, paired these with his collection for Fashion Week. I can just imagine all the ways to style these babies.
          Dupe: TrouvĂ© "Blakely" Bootie- $80
2. Frye "Lindsay Plate" Boots- $329, These are my ultimate sell-my-soul-to-the-devil-for-these-boots boots. Frye boots are the epitome of riding boots, always have and always will be. I particularly love these ones because of the clean lines, the simple, thin strap, and the decorative silver plate at the back.
          Dupe: Franco Sarto Riding Boot- $200
3. Michael by Michael Kors "Lesley" Bootie- $200, Who doesn't need a pair of suede booties? These heightened beauties are simple, sophisticated, and versatile.
          Dupe: DV by Dolce Vita "Dakoda" Bootie- $119
4. Acne "Pistol" Boots- $570, Acne's shoes have the perfect balance between a classic idea and ingenious style. Last year, their "Atacoma" wedges were spotted all over Tumblr and fashion blogs. I discovered the "Pistol" boots on Tumblr as well. Unfortunately, they come at a steep price. Fortunately I've found a fantastic dupe!
          Dupe: Topshop "Ambush" Boots- $150 *These may be out-of-stock on topshop.com.
5. Hunter "Original Tall" Gloss Rain Boot- $135, The classic rain boots that you imagine wearing while jumping and splashing in puddles on lovely fall day...  but practically, these boots are essential for a Washingtonian like me. The rainy days last most of the year, so these boots would definitely be worth the money!
          Dupe: Sperry Top-Sider "Pelican Too" Rain Boot- $78

***The dupes are still pretty pricey, but I believe that quality is key. I would much rather splurge on a pair of boots that I know will last me through a few winter seasons, than save some money that I will end up spending later trying to save a cheap pair of boots.

I'll be posting more Gift Guides and Dupes as we head into the pre-Christmas crunch time. I hope this one gave you some ideas to put on your Wishlist or to give to a loved one!

Happy Holidays! xxx



YouTube.
Bloglovin.
Twitter.
Tumblr.
Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment