Pages

June 22, 2011

InStyle, July 2011




I don't have a subscription to InStyle, but I love picking up their summer issue when the time comes. This month's issue features Eva Longoria, but not to take away from the cover girl, I was more interested in what the magazine had to say about summer beauty and fashion. The cover shouts, "Perfect Summer Dresses," "Sexy Hair Made Simple," "Your Best Summer!" So as I flipped through the colorful and scented (They made scratch and sniff spots on some of the pages with summery scents like watermelon and tropical sunscreen.) pages a few things caught my eye.

1) Your New Favorite Ts! Page 99 to 108
I have to say that my favorite everyday item in my closet is a plain white T. And of course when you find a staple you have to buy multiples! I have a short sleeve V-neck, a burnout, slouchy one, a cozy long sleeve, and a dolman sleeve addition. Honestly, the only way you could go wrong with a plain white T would be to wear it with stains and unintentional holes and rips. They are great for layering, or just throwing on. They can be dressed up with accessories and a flirty skirt, or be worn to bed on lazy days. Not to mention that they are on The 100. I am always on the lookout for more, and the great part is that they are in a variety of price ranges. From the Hanes 3 for $10,  the laid-back C&C California, and The Row's modern line.
And they don't have to be white or plain either. You can change the color, cut, and vibe to your style. Here's some links to other Ts that caught my eye...
Heartloom, Lala S/S Cut Out Shoulder Top
Splendid, Rugby Stripe S/S Top, $63
Vince, Micromodal Twist Tee, $125
3.1 Philip Lim, Cutout Silk and Cotton-Blend T-Shirt, $150
Lanvin, Jersey Chiffon Miss Lanvin Tshirt $1,240

One of my favorites: My Fashion's Night Out 2010 Tee. Worn knotted at the waist.

2) Inner-Rim Eyeliner, Page 115
This look is shown on Kate Winslet, with black eyeliner, sheer, shimmery pink eye shadow, and matching shiny neutral lips. I love eyeliner, but I think that it is too harsh sometimes. This new way to wear it solves that problem, though! To get the look all you need to do is draw on your eyeliner on your inner lash lines instead of on top of your lash line. When I did this it helped to pull my eyelid up a little to get a better view of my lash line. I think you could also experiment with color too, but not too bright. I think you should stick to dark neutrals like navy blue, deep plum, and forest green if you are going to try any color.

Kate Winslet at the Mildred Pierce Premier, looking beautiful with her  "Reverse black lined" eyes.

Me with Inner-Rim Eyeliner. I used Urban Decay  24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Oil Slick.

3) Sea & Be Seen, Page 160 to 167
The French actress Clemence Poesy models this seasons nautical "Romantic, Retro" looks in Portofino. You might know her as Fleur in Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire, who she will be recurring as in the final Harry Potter movie, or Eva in Gossip Girl. She has a sweetness and "laid-back Euro cool" style that makes her evident to fashion bloggers like myself. I have to say, that my favorite look she showcases is the Dolce & Gabanna silk chiffon polka-dotted dress on page 167. (Which kind of reminds me of the first dress I made.) The little daisy accessories and a fun teased side ponytail finish the look with a flirtiness.

Clemence Poesy in the Aforementioned Dolce & Gabbana Dress

If I haven't convinced you to go out and pick up InStyle's July issue yet, I'm just going to be blunt and say... Go and get this issue if you don't already have it! Other spreads I liked was the whole "The Look" section (Pages 51 to 60), "The New Rachel Zoe Project" (Page 96 & 97), and "101 Reasons to Smile This Summer" (Pages 175 to 188).

No comments:

Post a Comment